Kling brewer's malt: 
Quality malt made according to tradition

Milestones in our company's history

1885

Founding of the Heinrich Kling Malting Plant (Mälzerei Heinrich Kling)
The malting plant is destroyed in a major fire. A new state-of-the-art facility is built to replace the destroyed plant. Installation of electric lighting

1894

1895

Purchase of a steam engine
Expansion of production and supplier network

1900

1910

Jakob Heinrich Kling, the son of the founder, joins the company as an authorized signatory
The company moves from horses to trucks

1920

1932

Jakob Heinrich Kling takes over
his father's business

1934

1935

The company obtains a patent for a shaft malting system, which significantly improves the quality of the malt that is produced

1949

1950
1960

Modernization and streamlining of facilities and construction of silo buildings. Creation of a quay and unloading berth in Edingen am Neckar

1964

Heinrich Georg Kling joins the company.
Commissioning of the twin kilns in Schriesheim

1988

1989

Axel Kling joins the company

1998

1999

The limited partnership (KG) is reorganized as Heinrich Kling GmbH & Co. KG
Commissioning of steeping tanks facility in Schriesheim

1999

2005

Vegetable oil cogeneration unit begins continuous operation

2007

2010

Axel Kling assumes management
Reconstruction of the grain boxes at the plant in Edingen am Neckar

2010
2011

2011

Construction of a refrigeration plant in Edingen. Change to the more environmentally friendly refrigerant R134a
Commissioning of the new burner of the twin kilns in Schriesheim

2016

Kling Malz: Quality malt made according to tradition